Dr. Kent is happily married and has four daughters. In his free time he enjoys scuba diving, gardening, working out, reading and is a member of St. Simon’s Presbyterian Church.
Harold L. Kent, M.D.
More about Dr. Kent
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons Board of Governors for six years
- Board-Certified: American Board of Surgery
- MD: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Residency: General Surgery, United States Naval Hospital, San Diego, California
- Military experience (selected): Chief, Surgery Service, United States Naval Hospital, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; Staff Surgeon, United States Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida, Recalled Naval Reservist, Operation Desert Storm. Retired from the Navy Reserve with the rank of Captain.
awards and Certifications
Navy Commendation Medal, National Defense Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal with Mobilization and Longevity devices, Overseas Service Ribbon.
American College of Surgeons and Member American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons
American Society of General Surgeons (President 2017-2018), American Medical Association, Georgia Surgical Society, Medical Association of Georgia, Glynn County Medical Society