Harold L. Kent, M.D.
“As a surgeon, bariatrics is especially meaningful to me. Weight loss surgery can make a tremendous impact on our patients’ physical health allow them to do things they could never do before. Our successful patients gain a new level of self-confidence and improve their overall health…the benefits go on and on.”
“I have also seen how the significantly overweight people I work with have suffered. On top of their health problems, they’ve dealt with embarrassment, discrimination and all kinds of limitations in their lives. Whenever one of my patients is successful in losing weight and regaining their health, I feel like we’ve both accomplished something good. All of us here at Georgia Coast Surgical want to contribute to your success and your sense of well being.”
Dr. Kent is happily married and has four daughters. In his free time he enjoys scuba diving, gardening, bicycling and is a member of St. Simon’s Presbyterian Church.
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Board-Certified: American Board of Surgery
- MD: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Residency: General Surgery, United States Naval Hospital, San Diego, California
- Military experience (selected): Chief, Surgery Service, United States Naval Hospital, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; Staff Surgeon, United States Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida, Recalled Naval Reservist, Operation Desert Storm
- Awards: Navy Commendation Medal, National Defense Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal with Mobilization and Longevity devices, Overseas Service Ribbon
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Past President: Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons
- Member: American Society of General Surgeons (President 2017-2018), American Medical Association, Georgia Surgical Society, Medical Association of Georgia, Glynn County Medical Society