Harold L. Kent, M.D.
“As a surgeon, bariatrics is especially meaningful to me. We are able to make an impact on our patient’s physical health and on their entire lives. They’re able to do things they could never do before, they enjoy their kids and their families, gain a new level of self-confidence…the benefits go on and on.”
“I have also seen how the significantly overweight people I work with have suffered. On top of their health problems, they’ve dealt with embarrassment, discrimination and all kinds of limitations in their lives. It means so much to me to know that not only can I help you with your medical concerns but I can also improve the quality of your life. As a dedicated weight loss doctor serving patients from Southeast Georgia, I can be a source of compassion and understanding you can rely on. It’s a level of care we believe you deserve, and I am proud to say that you’ll find it with everyone at Georgia Coast Surgical.”
Dr. Kent is happily married and has three daughters. In his free time he enjoys scuba diving, gardening, bicycling and is a member of St. Simon’s Presbyterian Church.
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Board-Certified: American Board of Surgery
- MD: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Residency: General Surgery, United States Naval Hospital, San Diego, California
- Military experience (selected): Chief, Surgery Service, United States Naval Hospital,
- Awards: Navy Commendation Medal, National Defense Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal with Mobilization and Longevity devices, Overseas Service Ribbon
- Fellow: American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- President: Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons
- Member: American Society of General Surgeons (Board of Trustees Member), American Medical Association, Georgia Surgical Society, Medical Association of Georgia, Glynn County Medical Society
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; Staff Surgeon, United States Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida, Recalled Naval Reservist, Operation Desert Storm