(1) Become informed. Attend one of our free public information seminars. There you will get all of the information you need to make a good decision for yourself about whether or not weight loss surgery is the path you want to take to permanently succeed in ending your battle with obesity.
(2) Fill out the New Patient Information, Patient Medical History Questionnaire and the Psychological paperwork (this form is for patients who do not already have a Lapband) which you can download from the website by clicking HERE or pick up when you attend the seminar.
(3) RETURN your completed forms to our office. *Please allow us 48 hours to input your information into our computer system and check your insurance benefits before we call to schedule your appointment.
(4) After we review your medical information and are satisfied that we have all of the information we need, we will schedule an appointment for you to come to the office and have a consultation with your surgeon. Again, please allow 48 hours for this process. Occasionally we need to do some additional medical testing. You will also have a meeting with our financial adviser who will go over those issues with you.
(5) Complete the psychological screening. We feel strongly that if there are untreated problems such as anxiety or depression, this should be addressed and controlled before surgery so that our patients will have the best chance for success.
(6) Attend a nutrition class with our Registered Dietitian and learn how to make the healthy food choices that will enable your success. You with learn the guidelines to follow both before and after surgery.
(7) Attend a support group meeting. Learn the power that you can have from working with others.
(8) Complete the EMMI website tutorial for your procedure (we will give you an access code to begin your tutorial online at your first office visit). This step MUST be completed before your preoperative appointment will be scheduled.
(9) Complete any necessary financial arrangements and schedule your surgery date.
(10) Return for final preoperative visit with surgeon. We will answer any remaining questions and complete necessary paperwork for your pre-admission at the hospital or Surgery Center.
(11) Complete the 2 week low calorie protein sparing diet (this is to reduce fatty deposits in the liver).